Courses to study after 12 for students of Humanities
After class 10, in India, students are generally asked to choose three streams of preference. That is science, commerce or arts. While, Arts or Humanities stream deals with Humanities group of subjects and the students are made to specialize in them while they can opt to do away with the other subjects; Commerce stream gives the students a detailed introduction and lets them study subjects like Accounts, Commerce, Economics, Business studies and so on.
Whereas Science streamlets one study Subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, and Computer Science. After Class 12 boards, students pass out of their school exam and allowed to choose and specialize in one particular subject. Arts is indeed a very diverse field and the students belonging to this discipline can make their career in various fields. For Humanities-based students, the education structure has a variety of options and courses after their class 12.
- There is always the option of getting a Bachelors’ degree in the subject of preference of the student. That is, after completion of the course, a student will be a BA degree holder. B. A stands for Bachelor of Arts. The course duration is 3 years. The best thing about this course is that so many B.A. specialization courses are available to choose from. A general set of common B.A. subjects are present, in addition to which specialization subjects are also present. Some specialization areas are- B.A. Psychology, B.A. History, B.A. Archaeology, B.A. Economics, B.A. Journalism and Mass Communication, B.A. English, B.A. Hindi, B.A. Malayalam, B.A. in other languages (state-wise), B.A. Sociology, B.A. Politics, B.A. Geography, B.A. Indian Culture, B.A. Social Work, etc.
- Journalism and Mass Communication – Now a day’s immense growth is not only seen in the traditional field of media like print and electronics but also online media. So, Mass Communication professionals are in demand these days! Some of the subjects taught include Film Studies, Client Servicing, Radio & Television Production, Ad Film-making, etc.
- Hotel Management: With the tourism sector of India going through a good phase, the Hospitality sector is doing well. It trains students to take on managerial responsibilities in hotels. Guest Service Management, Housekeeping Management, Kitchen Management, Communication Fundamentals, Hotel Engineering, etc are some of the subjects taught under this course.
- Business courses – If a student finds itself intrigued and interested in the business world and finds that the professionalism and the attributes of the corporate world appeal to him, a student can opt for business courses even after having a science background. A student can easily study Business courses like BBA or integrated business. In India, several institutes teach BBA and other Business based courses.
- Integrated Law course: B.A. L.L.B. and B.S.L are courses available to students across law colleges in the country.
Humanities being a vast stream, one can choose to any form of art or course to specialize in. It offers various other fields and courses to study which is not possible to enlist in one place. Here, it is important to note that, in India, several institutes teach various courses and are certified by the government. Not only that, the courses are well taught and the faculty is quite great and along with that, most of this institute has higher studies like Masters and PhD. under them and with India having an abundance of government-funded universities, there are several options for higher studies for students.